The Thame Food Festival Bursary For Artisan Food Producers
At Thame Food Festival we have always encouraged and supported Artisan Food Producers.
Since moving to Thame Showground and charging a small entrance fee, we are now excited to be able to offer a Thame Food Festival Bursary for the first time.
Everyone who came last year, from the producers to the sponsors and the general public have all contributed towards this Bursary.
This Bursary is open to all newly formed, local Artisan Food businesses from within the 30 mile radius of Thame in Oxfordshire. The business must be one year old or less.
If you have an original idea, a concept that is exciting and innovative then we want to hear from you.
We want to help you.
Our aim is to support you as an Artisan Food producer. To encourage and help you make your product outstanding, delicious and successful.
Thame Food Festival CIC will award the successful applicant £1000, a free pitch at this year’s event, a free page in the festival programme with PR and social media support for one year.
On top of that, we have Food Festival Mentors who will be willing to help and encourage you for that year, using their many years of experience within the food and hospitality industry.
Adam Johnson, Head Development Chef for Raymond Blanc OBE, Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons Oxfordshire.
Chris Wheeler, Executive Chef for Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire.
Nick Downie, Head of Marketing for Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire.
The Festival Bursary Committee will also include Lotte Duncan, Jon Hackett, Thame Food Festival Directors and Rachel Blake our PR and Marketing consultant.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com
for an APPLICATION FORM.
What we would like to know:
Please give us as much information about your business as possible and be completely honest.
Tell us how you came up with your concept. How long you have been trading.
Tell us about opportunities you’ve had, personal back ground, experience and your career development.
What do you believe our mentors could offer your business.
How do you see your product and business developing in the next five years.
Include an estimated budget and tell us how you would use the £1000 Bursary.
If you would like to send us your business plan too – we’d love to see it.
Everything you send us will be confidence and not seen outside of the Bursary Committee.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an APPLICATION FORM.
The closing date for entries is May 1st 2018.
Any entries after this date won’t be included in this year’s Bursary.
Conditions of the Bursary:
1. Each Bursary will be for the total sum £1000.
2. The Bursary is for individuals and their business who reside within 30 miles of Thame in Oxfordshire. The business must be one year old or less.
3. The grant is to be used to further their business and the development of their product.
4. Each applicant should fill in an application form and give an account of why they think they should have the Bursary in no more than 1500 words.
5. The application form will include an estimated budget for the use of the Bursary and a detailed description of their business and product.
6 Details and proof of expenditure will be required following the completion of the funded activities provided by Thame Food Festival.
7. The grant will be awarded in June 2018, in time for September’s Thame Food Festival. The active TFF and Mentor support will last for one year from that date.
8. The successful recipient of the Bursary will be asked to write up their experience for the Food Festival programme and our social media platforms. They will also need to be available and take part in any press/radio or TV connected with TFF. We will also need them to be available and willing to be filmed and photographed for our 2018 Festival Film.
9. The closing date for entries is May 1st 2018, any entries after that time won’t be included in this year’s Bursary.
10. The Festival Bursary Committee will interview shortlisted candidates on the 6th June 2018. The committee will decide on who’ll receive the Bursary.
11. All shortlisted applicants must be free on the 6th June for an interview with the Bursary Committee.
The decision of the Bursary Committee is final.
Good Luck and get those applications in!